This Day in Isaacson Family History is a web site driven by a database of events created by site visitors. It provides an opportunity for family members to celebrate important events and fond memories by sharing them with the rest of the family. Here's a rundown of each of the pages on the site.
Here are some tips:
- Today's Entries - This is the page that opens when you first access the site. It automatically displays the events in the database with today's date.
- Event Lookup - Use this page to find out if a major family event has already been entered into the database. Enter the month and day of the event, and you'll automatically get that date's entries. You can also use this page to update an event with more detailed information or request that an event be deleted from the database.
- New Event - Use this page to add your birthday, anniversary, or other event into the database. Just fill out the form, and your event is automatically added to the database. After I approve the entry, it can be viewed by anyone who visits the site.
- Don't be afraid to add unique events to the database. Think of a time when you appeared in the newspaper for an academic or athletic achievement. Baptisms, family reunions, and once-in-a-lifetime gatherings are also wonderful to share.
- You can put images or colored text in your events. You can do this by using HTML code in the event description. If you'd like to learn how, just send me an e-mail.
- Suggestions on improving the site are always welcome. Don't be afraid to share your ideas. :)